Ariane Soft PPL2 Pocket Programming DataMite
Old 10-17-2007, 11:39 PM

Default ArianeSoft Future Plans?

I just wanna ask if ArianeSoft Inc. still has plans for future contests? Any schedules? thanks

any updates on 1.40 beta?
Old 10-18-2007, 12:16 PM
kornalius

Why not! Give us some ideas and we will look into it. We are always open to community inputs!

As for releases schedule, it goes as follow:

1.40 approx. end of October.
1.50 by end of the year.

Then we will start working on 2.0. We are not ready to reveal what we will be working on for version 2.0.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:18 PM

At first, I actually thought that ArianeSoft Inc needs a contest to promote and advertise PPL. But after reading previous forum posts, Ive learned that there had already been a contest last year with a $300 worth of prizes. And PPL is growing that it doesnt really need more exposure than it needs. So, I rewrote my post above.

A lot have changed, or updated for this matter, and there are actually a lot more users of PPL than before. Even I, whose only programming experience was TurboC 2.01, from high school (8 years ago), have managed to create a program using PPL. I have installed in my computer VS2005 with all the updates, EVC++, EVB, NSBasic, Basic4PPC and a lot of other stuff... But honestly, I havent managed to create a simple 'Hello World' application using the abovementioned development tools. Then I saw PPL on airfagev forums while browsing google. And I tried it. And it is PPL that made me feel very confident to join a contest even though I have no windows mobile programming experience. And I thank ArianeSoft for that.

And as my 15 day trial is about to expire, it came to my attention, why not suggest a contest and include in the prizes a licensed copy of PPL. For some reasons, that I would not mention here, I really can not buy PPL; inspite of all its pros, other plus features, and the great 30 day moneyback guarantee. So, why not make a contest and add PPL license in the prizes. I may or may not win, but still this contest will bring the enthusiasm, enjoyment and the challenge to all PPL users and especially those who are new to PPL (like me-only 6days) and also those who are planning to switch to PPL(which I do highly recommend).

The contest could be categorized as APPS division, Games division. There might be criterias in which the judges may decide on how to rate the submission, these I leave for the contest organizers. A member may join both the Apps and Games division but only one entry per division. As for prizes, it does not always have to be a cash prize.

I am also planning on releasing my code after I finish it, its just kinda messy at the moment eventhough I am trying hard to optimize it for code readability and performance. As for now, my game still lacks a proper title page, load/save position feature, game rules page, and the most important-bluetooth multiplay.

So far, all my game rule algorithms and other codes are finished. All thanks to the easeness of use of PPL and the support from its forum members.

I really love the game- Game of the Generals - Salpakan (this is similar to stratego but different) and there is currently nothing exactly similar that exists for the PPC. So I am really very eager to finish my work and play with my family and friends. I just hope I finish it before my trial expires, I was kinda busy lately.

edit:
Sorry for the long post, hehehehe
Mabuhay!
Old 10-18-2007, 04:36 PM
kornalius

The problem with a contest where the prize are licensed copy of PPL is that it will have to have a huge amount of publicity for it to be possible. Most registered PPL users won't have an interest in participating and to find a good amount of new PPL adopters (within a 15 days Trial) is not really possible.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:19 PM

How about increase the trial to 25-30 days? most softwares have 30 days trial? why not for PPL 1.4? As you have said, 15 days is not really enough to adopt interest in PPL, its still a trial even after you guys will increase the time limit.. Anyways, cash prize is always good. And the contest doesnt have to be now, just for future plans. Say a christmas, or new year contest. There are really a lot of PPL users out there, some of them are just inactive in this forum.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:20 PM
kornalius

Christmas sounds good to hold another contest, it has been a while.

I agree that the Trial should be moved from 15 days to 30 days. This will be increased in 1.40 starting from the next beta.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:28 PM

yey! Im trying 1.40 now,
also can you please add CTRL+TAB while editing codes, with other windows form, they are used to switch to next tab... and PIDE features tabbed code editing, it would be nice if we could switch immediately to another tab. thanks

1.40 download 52%
Old 10-19-2007, 07:41 PM
kornalius

Great idea, it will be in beta 2.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:12 PM

also, in the About dialog box, It says
Version: 1.40 beta 1 Pro

Registered to: Unregistered
please indicate how many days are left in the trial before 'trial Pro' expires...
thanks for entertaining my enquiries.. also, Saves As now works like a charm!

as for changelog:
- PIDE, not neccessary to save file in order to compile or run.

Can you please make PIDE to use a temporary file instead of auto saving all code from (tabbed) code windows? PIDE automatically saves my modified codes if i use run, all I wanted to do was to test some modifications I never had intentions of saving them but just a test run. (although, I could use undo to revert to the original codes before the run. so this is really not so important, but would be nice if granted)

- PIDE, fixed dragging a control outside a form.

i dont really know much about the above issue (dragging control) so I tried dragging a control outside on the white border. then when i click the control (to drag it back) it loses focus. I have to manually select the control in the dropdown list at the right then use arrow key to move. My question is, why not leave the control outside the form visible and draggable into the form. When I drag controls outside, I can see it(if it has a surface) but i can not drag it back.
btw, I like the centered form view. It only it had a zoom to magnify QVGA. now that would make game building a bit easier.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:05 PM

Im saddened by the fact that my trial already expired after uninstalling 1.32 then installing 1.40b1, i dont know what happened. Im very sure that I havent had 15days since last install of 1.32... anyways Im hoping 1.40 beta2 will have 30days trial when it comes. I lost a few days of trial now its lite (

christmas contest is good!