Ariane Soft PPL2 Pocket Programming DataMite
Old 06-05-2008, 03:58 AM

Default I cant begin

I am getting quite frustrated right now, I have been searching the forums and found no solution.
I installed PPL 1.51 on a newly installed WinXP computer. I created a new blank project, file -> new code and saved as main.ppl on a directory

upon typing the first line, this appears
[img width=600]http://vhangell.syxe.com/311.JPG[/img]
then many violation errors

I have read the french section for something about a 'crack' on the PPL, that produces error#311. But I have not done any cracking. I am just testing the 1.51 version on this newly installed pc. Please help as I can not start.

Edit: Is this because I have linux on my pc? and PPL runs on top of winxp sp3 on vmware? does vmware affect ppl? 1.42 works fine except for 1.50 and 1.51. please advice
Old 06-05-2008, 08:29 PM

HTML Code:
 Have you tried any of the samples that come with PPL to see if they work?* XP shouldn't be the problem, as I'm sure a good number of us run on that platform.* I suppose it could be VMWare causing the issue.* I know of the program, but have never used it.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:07 PM

I have tried the scrolling starfield ver2 (it needs the pro version). it does not work on v1.51 v1.50. I think the problem is that, It does not register the runtimes correctly, although it says successful -> still runtime is 1.51 lite

but on 1.42 below, it works... probably something is broken on 1.5x releases..
anyways Ill settle with 1.42 just to begin with game I am working on. thanks for the reply PoL
Old 06-06-2008, 12:07 AM

HTML Code:
 Check and make sure the PPL.exe is not read only.* As part of the registration process it has to "rewrite" the executable, and if it's read only it can't do that.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:34 AM

I have checked the file attributes for the executable files and other files.. Read-only has not been set, so I guess file attributes is not a problem for this. Any other suggestions?

Will there be a linux release?
Old 06-06-2008, 05:12 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Halliday

There should be no reason why XP under VMWare functions any different than on dedicated hardware.

You could check the permissons on the folder where PPL.exe lives. The everyone user should have read/write access. - This could be something to do with Linux being the HOST OS. Have you tried any other XP application to make sure that your XP install is valid? IS your XP genuine? I know that some cracked versions of it don't perform well under VMWare.

Just a few thoughts.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:48 AM

i have a licensed xp sp2. I just updated to sp3. Anyways my problem is with v1.5x but for 1.42 below. Its working fine. So im using the 1.42, I guess i'll buy the v2 when it will be released.

OT:
below is an image of a sprite that has 4 frames...
[][][][] <- sprite 1 with 4 frames

I can use it to make a simple animation.

My question is, Is it possible to collate all my sprites into 1 bigger file say,
[][][][] <- sprite 1 with 4 frames
[][][][] <- sprite 2 with 4 frames
[][][][] <- sprite 3 with 4 frames
[][][][] <- sprite 4 with 4 frames

This way I have only 1 file instead of 4 separate files, also the file size is now smaller than 4 files. (Code-wise) How can I select from the images the ones I will use for animation, say animation for sprite 3. OR can I only use the above (4x4 matrix) file for choosing a single frame as image for my sprite without animation? I got the idea somewhere on the forum, I think it was posted by Mike.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:40 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Halliday

Hi,

No offence intended (with the XP comment) - Just with you being a Linux user I had to ask! - Did you try the directory permissions? I would imagine V2 will do the same as V1.5x, so yo may be stuck with using 1.42!

Is it possible for you to attach your images instead of pasting them into the question? That way we wlll get to see them.

You can combine all your files into 1 by using the 'package' command set. Search the help and the forum for examples of this. I personally have not tried it, but others have and it seems to work really well. (Is this what you mean)?
Old 06-08-2008, 01:53 PM

Hello,
i'm a registred Vista home premium user.
I've had the same problem as reported !
Each prog i tried to compile reported the same error code !
Th error code was automaticaly added to the end of the source code that was edited !
I was quite ungry with it.
I finaly bought a license for PPL pro and . . .
All i working ok now, i don't have any 311 code now, whatever the sample i try to compile, all are ok now !
Perhaps the problem has to be linked to the ontrol of license . . .???

Dominique
Old 06-08-2008, 08:20 PM
kornalius

x_JoM_x, please contact us via email with your purchase order number, we will try to look into it with you.