Ariane Soft PPL2 Pocket Programming DataMite
Old 12-22-2006, 04:33 PM

Default ** error ** (mytest.ppl)

** error ** (mytest.ppl) Cannot resolve [DB_RECORDCOUNT(1,1)] address at character position 13

I made a one button form. I copied sqdb_demo.ppl and renamed it demolib.ppl, renamed all writeln to showmessage, stripped out all things related to the counsel. Included in inial of form and wha la, the error above. I realize that that might not be kosher but in the name of madness I thought maybe. Anyway it puts the cursor right at the top of the page in the remark section on the forms automated ppl file. Any ideas.

Denny

p.s. In case your wandering I like to step thru the code in the ide and some times it make more sense in whats happening.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:19 PM

Can you attach a copy of your sample so I can try and run it here?
Old 12-22-2006, 10:12 PM

[quote1166829005=PointOfLight]
Can you attach a copy of your sample so I can try and run it here?
[/quote1166829005]

This is the culprit.
[br][file=../../e107_files/public/1166829096_112_FT2460_sql.zip]1166829096_112_FT2460_sql.zip[/file]

Denny

edit: I tried the same thing with sqldemo.ppl and it worked fine.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:00 AM

Hi Dennishea i've been looking at your code quicly, i moved the instruction #include "demolib" from the fom inizialization code to the 3rd line of your source, in this way the program work fine. I hope this help, Matteo
Old 12-23-2006, 05:59 AM

Kornalius, I think there might be a bug here. It seems that the problem lies in the fact that when you include a file in the #init section of a form it's trying to define that file within the context of the form's namespace. Once the #include is placed outside the scope of the namespace it works fine. I hope that makes sense.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:40 AM

That explains some of my other problems since I installed 1.10.

Thanks Matteo

Eric after installing 1.10 I started playing with sql more and when I tried incorperating sql in my project thats when my project went ballist on me. I chopped out that form and all ties and every thing was cool again. My assumption is that it's related to sql stuff. I don't know if it just appys to 1.10 or further back. Actually I think just 1.10.

Denny
Old 12-23-2006, 03:20 PM

Unfortunately, I'm stumped on this one. It's some combination of forms, the forward command, and the code as a whole in sqdb.ppl that's causing the problem, but I don't know what that is. I guess we'll have to defer to Kornalius after the holidays.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:41 PM

It looks like the sql.ppl was changed to accomadate sqdb.ppl. All my stuff from before the change to 1.10 is acting the same and I haven't changed a thing other then upgradeing to 1.10. In those files 1.10 didn't exist and neither did sqdb. My old files only delt with sqlite, now there not working because of the same error. Anyway I can wait until after the holidays to work with sql.

Denny

edit: disregard above view other then there is a problem with sqdb.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:07 PM
kornalius

There is a new option in the Form Options where you can uncheck the 'Use namespace' option. This will revert your form code back to pre-1.10 code generation. I will take a look at the problem when I am back.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:40 PM

Just did a quick test, and with the namespace option unchecked, sqdb.ppl works just fine. I wasn't 100% sure that was the problem, but this seems to have confirmed it. And denny, you're 100% right that there were changes in sql.ppl to accomodate sqdb, but they should not have broken backwards compatability. If you still think there's a chance it has I need to know so I can fix it.